By looking at the time this post was written, you might assume that the said sleep-walker is me. But it is not. It is my lovely daughter Lucy. Who knew that a 17 month old would sleep-walk?!? Tonight isn't the first time it has happened either! It usually only happens on nights that she has a hard time going to bed and is really restless. And when it happens, I usually cannot go back to sleep for 2-3 hours, hence a blog at 4 AM. I usually don't hear her get up until she runs into something in her room and starts crying. Not crying because she is hurt, but because it wakes her up and she can't find her "night-night" aka pacifier. So I usually just go in her room, turn on her lamp, find her "night-night", but her back to bed, and she goes right back to sleep.
Part of me finds this hilarious and cute, but the other part of me worries a little. If she is doing this now, will she always do it? It's only happened a few times, but I can't help but wonder if it will get more frequent or worse. Luckily we always keep her door closed, so she can't go anywhere but her room, but what happens when she can open doors? I'm a paranoid person at night. I wake up all the time seeing and hearing things in my house that really freak me out. So I don't know if I could handle a sleep-walking child that can get out of their room and walk around the house. Maybe it's just a phase. Maybe I took her out of her crib and put her in a toddler bed too early. (But she's been in her toddler bed for months and this has only started happening in the last few weeks.) Maybe she is just a silly little girl that happens to occasionally sleep-walk.
I don't know. I'll probably be spending the next hour Google-ing "Sleep-Walking Toddlers" to see if I can find any information because I can't sleep.
1 comment:
I wouldn't worry about it yet. I use to sleep walk as a child but then stopped when I got into my pre-teen years. I'm sure she'll be ok.
Post a Comment