Monday, February 22, 2010

To bed I go...

Well, it's official. I am now on bedrest. I have been staying down and keeping it easy for some time, but I'm officially on bedrest now. I went in Friday to have my fluid levels checked adn they were higher than the last time I went in. Also my blood pressure is on the rise, so I will now be monitored at least once a week for both of them. The bigger concern of the 2 is my blood pressure and the very good chance that I have developed preeclampsia. I developed high blood pressure when I was pregnant with Lucy, but it wasn't until I was 38 weeks and that was the reason I was induced. But only being 32 weeks, it causes a little more concern. So, what does this mean? It's pretty much a one day at a time thing at this point. We're just keeping our fingers crossed that we can make it to at least the end of March. I will be 36-37 weeks then, so it will lower the risk of Porter having to be in the hospital longer than normal. Anyways, I don't want this to be a "Woe is me" or "pity me" post, I just want to keep people updated on whats going on. Plus, I'm stuck on the couch with not much else to do haha. Both John and I feel like things are going to be ok no matter what happens. We're just doing what we can at this point to keep both me and Porter healthy.

In the mean time... isn't this girl adorable? I sure love her...


and him...

 

They keep me sane right now.

No comments: