Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Remember that one time when...

...I used to blog a lot more often?

... I used to actually take pictures of my kids? (Poor Monkey Boy has been home from the hospital 3 weeks and I think I've taken maybe 3 pictures. Yeah, I'm awesome.)

... I would actually attempt to make myself presentable for the day instead of hoping that MAYBE when the Hubs gets home I can get 5 minutes to take a shower or even just put on some clean underwear?

... my house didn't look like Hiroshima 24/7 no matter how hard I try to pick up after the 3 little people that live here? (Actually somedays, I dont try very hard...)

... I used to make something other than spaghetti or ravioli everynight for dinner?

... my bedroom didn't smell like diapers? Cause it does.

... I had more than 5 seconds of interaction with the Hubs before we both totally crash after the kids are asleep? (K it's probably more than that, but it sure seems like 5 seconds.)


... sometimes, being an adult SUCKS.

... cancer can TOTALLY suck my big toe...among other things.

... I work with THE most awesome people ever?

My life really is awesome. I know it sounds like I'm complaining,(ok maybe I kind of am...)but I'm sitting here laughing at myself while I type all of this.

Am I crazy busy and stressed to the max?
Yeah.

Is my house a total disaster that if anyone came to my door and wanted to come inside I would honestly tell them they couldn't come in?
 Yep.

 Do the 3 little things I get to call my children drive me absolutely nuts on a daily basis?
 Sure thing.

But I love it.

 I love them.

 I love their Daddy.

 He's pretty much the most awesome-est person ever. Fur relz. (Sometimes I like to think I can talk gangster, er, gangsta... Word.)

 So even though the majority of the time I probably stink, am covered in children-who-knows-what, am exhausted beyond belief, and usually can't remember something you told me 5 seonds ago...



these people make it awesome.



7 comments:

Sharon said...

Well.. if you need someone to come over and help out sometime next week let me know (Wednesday is my day off next week so I'm completely free that day)! :) I would love to come over and help you clean, or bring a meal, just let me know what I can do to help :) Love you and your adorable family!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Case, I love you!
Aaaand...cancer!? What are you talking about!? Let's chat asap, eh? I really want to come see you! And I don't care what you or your house or kids look or smell like, promise ;) Love you sweetie! Call me!

Natalie said...

Ok what's with the mention of cancer?!??

Fluffy Momma said...

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec and has had some complications from the surgery that she had, so she's having another surgery today. And then one of my very good friend's moms had been in remission for a few years, but last week-ish, they found out it's back and it's pretty aggressive. All in all, CANCER SUCKS!

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Casey, can I get an AMEN?! Your post is soooo what I was just thinking after dusting the cobwebs of my blog, too. You are an awesome momma with three ridiculously cute kids. If I came over to your house, I'd totally hang out with you on your front steps even though the funky-diaper-room-smell-thing wouldn't even register. Didn't know your mom was having surgery yesterday ... hope it went well. Sending extra love and prayers your way.

Hans and Chelsey said...

Annnndddd.... I feel like that with one kid. AWESOME!!! I could always be your sitter while you shower or clean. I love your little monsters. Good luck to your mom and your friend's mom. I will be praying for them. Miss ya.

Marie said...

Dear Casey!

Oh how I love you. Those pictures of your kids are FREAKING ADORABLE. They are beautiful and those pictures are seriously amazing. I love the bright colored furniture and their cute little faces, ahhh!

Also, you really are so amazing, I look up to you so much. I hope that life will calm down soon and that things can get back to normal for you. I know you are terribly busy, but if you need anything at all or even just want to get the kids together to play (I can come to you so you don't have to drive anywhere) just let me know! Call or text! 801 891 6213

Love you.