S*&# + Crap = Shcrap
This week has been shcrap.
Like shcrappy shcrap.
The Monday before Thanksgiving,
I found out I was pregnant.
We were terrified.
We were shocked.
We were ecstatic.
It was not planned...at all.
But we've learned over the years that we can't really expect anything planned.
Our kids like to do their own thing when it comes to when they join our family.
We had only told a handful of people because we knew what the common reaction would be from people. And it wasn't a positive one. I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing,
"Wow, you guys must be SO busy!"
"SO are you done now?"
"When are you guys going to make it permanent?"
"Is John going to get snipped?"
"Are you having your tubes tied?"
Frankly, it's none of their business. Our family plan, when we dcide to add children to our family is between me, John, and God.
Fast forward to Sunday night when I started spotting and feeling like something was wrong.
Monday morning I went in to have my blood drawn to check my HCG levels and found out they were lower than they should have been for how far along I was (8 weeks).
Fast forward again to Tuesday afternoon when I started having some awful, sharp pain so my doctor had me go into the ER.
They did an ultrasound where we were fortunate enough to see a cute little heartbeat and everything looked perfect. That was at about 6:30 PM.
We got home around 10 PM and that's when all hell broke loose. Literally the second I walked in the door. It was an awful night full of all sorts of details I won't go into.
Wednesday morning, I got in to do another ultrasound where they found that the perfect little peanut and heartbeat we had seen the night before, wasn't there.
Sometime in the 4 hours the night before from the ultrasound and when we got home, the baby passed away and my body took over.
I had a D&C done late Wednesday night and have been home resting since.
I'm not writing this post for sympathy and pity. While I am truly grateful for the love and support both John and I have recieved the past few days, I am writing to just simply let people know in a way that I don't necessarily have to talk in person.
Is that selfish or weird?
Maybe.
But I just really would rather not break down in front of you.
I'll be fine.
I am fine.
It hurts and will continue to hurt for a while. I know anyone that has gone through this understands.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and the Plan of Salvation.
I am so grateful for the 3 beautiful, amazing, perfect children I do have.
I am so grateful the love and support of my friends and family who have been there and let me sob into your shoulder and have helped with my kids.
I am so grateful for an amazing husband who has been my rock. I'm not the only one who lost a baby. He did too.
We know there is one more child for us to raise here on this earth. I don't know when that will happen or when we will have the blesing of doing so, but I can't wait.
I can't wait to have my enitre family here with me.
That will be perfection.
16 comments:
Oh Casey I am so sorry! I can't imagine what you must be going through! You will be in my prayers! And hang in there and take care of yourself!
Holy hell, Casey -- I am so sorry. Sorry you had to go through that, sorry that people are idiots and ask stupid questions, and sorry that I don't get to see you 4 times a week anymore so I know what's going on in your life -- and maybe could have done something to help...? Gah.... anyway, big, huge hugs, and know that the offer always stands - I don't live THAT far away, you know.
-Teresa
I had no idea Casey, that is a hard thing to deal with...I am assuming...I have other problems with pregnancies or not being able to get pregnant but never a loss....knock on wood. I am sorry that must be really hard, and good for you for wanting more kids, they are the best things in the world and I wish I could have at least 2-3 more! Stay strong!!! It will take some time!
I'm so sorry to hear this, Casey. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. My kids would love to play with your kids again, so please feel free to bring them over if you need some peace and quiet (and really, what mother doesn't crave a little peace and quiet?). My heart goes out to you and your beautiful little family.
I'm so sorry Casey. What an extremely difficult trial to have to go through. I'll be praying for you and your cute family. I'm so glad that we have the knowledge of eternal families, and that we will ALL be together someday.
Oh Casey! I am so sorry!! I know exactly how you feel. I had a miscarriage in August when I was 9 weeks along and had to have a d and c too. That was so hard for me seeing that I had the stillborn the year before too. It is so amazing to have the gospel in our lives. If you ever need to talk I am here for you. And don't listen to what stupid people say. I have gone through that after loosing Sienna. Love you! Your babies are so cute!
This might sounds like a really weird comment, but your blog is perfect, and I think you are an amazing woman for dealing with this in exactly the way *you feel like you need to. I know there's nothing I can do, but you'll be in our prayers.
Casey, I am so sorry that you have had to go through this trial in your life, I completely understand how hard it is, having had 4 myself. I am sending all my love and thoughts your way. Please let me know if you need anything.
:( You are definitely right that these things are personal and nobody has the right to judge you. when you have your children is between you, your husband and god. It surprises me how often people ask such sacred, personal questions. D&C 122 always has helped me through unbearable trials. I love ya.
Casey I am so sorry. I can truly say I know how you feel and nothing anyone says can really make you feel better. The only thing that helped me was my knowledge of the plan of salvation and having scott there when I needed to just break down and cry. Just remember the three miracles you already have in your life. Heavenly Father truly does love you.:)
Love,
Kellie
Casey, I am truly sorry. You are a remarkable woman and you are in my thoughts and prayers. I admire you so much.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Casey... I have a sense of what you have gone through. I love your Outlook about it and I feel that you have it right. Let me know if you want an ear to listen to you. Good luck recovering. We will have your family in our prayers. Love you guys. :)
Casey! My heart hurts that you had to go through this. We'll be praying for you. I'm so grateful you have such a beautiful and supportive family to cling on to.
I'm so sorry, for your loss and everything that came before and after! You have an amazing testimony, but I know it still hurts, so you and your family are in my prayers!
I agree, isn't the plan of Salvation amazing?! You, your hubby and your beautiful children are so SO amazing. Love you all and praying for you!!
Post a Comment