Monday, January 26, 2009

Out of Commission

So I haven't been able to post lately because I've kind of been out of commission. A little over a week ago, I had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst from my left wrist. I've been really sore and was on some major pain killers for a while, but things are much better now.
This picture is right after I was able to take my splint and bandaging off. I get the stitches out this week. It's been kind of annoying not being able to really play with Lucy like I want to and be able to hold her and pick her up but it'll be so much better in the long run! The cyst was really painful and now it shouldn't come back! Yeah!
As you can see, Lucy's hair is pretty much OUT OF CONTROL!!! It's like this all of the time. She moves so much while she's sleeping and when she wakes up, this is what her hair looks like. It's hilarious! Lucy is getting so big and funny. She is so much more vocal now and will certainly let us know when she wants something or wants to let her opinion be known. She still isn't crawling, she's a stubborn little thing. But she loves to stand! She wants to stand all the time. I really think she's going to walk before she ever crawls. She tries to walk and will let go of our fingers but she doesn't have very good balance so she just falls over. Oh the joys of a child finding their independence! It's just so much fun watching her discover all sorts of new things. My baby girl is turning into not so much of a baby girl!

1 comment:

Scott, Nicole, Korbin and Eden said...

I'm so sorry about the surgery! No fun! The pics of Lucy on your face book are so cute! Hey, I'll be in Sandy for the rest of the week, so if you need anything or you want to get together let me know!