Monday, January 31, 2011

Can't catch a break...

It's 4:30 in the morning and here I sit on the couch while the Mr. lies in bed with my Goose who, last time I checked, has a temperature of 102.7, an awful cough, runny nose, and just plain old feeling "yucky". I've never seen her this sick before.

It breaks my heart.

It's been a rough few months here in the Matern house. Between Bubs having chronic and consistent ear infections (he's FINALLY having tubes put in on Tuesday), Goose breaking her arm on Christmas Eve, the Mr. dislocating his knee while playing churchball 2 weeks ago (which by the way, he's just starting to be able to bend it and put weight on it), and me going into the hardest part of this pregnancy, I AM DONE.

I just want to remember what it's like to have everyone in my house healthy and happy all at the same time.

I want to not be at the doctors office at least once a week (it's been a lot more than that lately) anymore.

 I want the people at the pharmacy to not recognize me or Bubs' name when we come in for a perscription.

I want medicine, and temperatures, and doctor's appointments, and surgeries, and physical therapy, and bedrest, and perscriptions, and broken washing machines, and flat tires, and migraines to be the LAST things on my mind.

 I want normal back.

But, this is the real world. And in the real world, MY real world, this is how we roll. So, if you see me and I look like I haven't slept or showered in a couple of days, it's probably cause I haven't. Don't be alarmed. This is how I roll.

 I know that I'm not given anything I can't handle ( I have to remind myself of that daily...) but I think someone upstairs sometimes feels like I'm stronger than I am.

 I'm just trying to take care of my family.

Didn't mean for this to come across as a "pity me and my broken family" kind of post. But hey, it's my blog and I'll write what I want to. You would write too if it happen to you. (so clever...)

Alright Matern clan, we have 10-11 weeks to get all of this out of our systems before Manchild #3 makes his way into this crazy world of ours. We can do it. I want us to look like this again... all happy and shiny.

We can do it.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh I'm so sorry you guys are sick! That is the worst! You are very strong though Casey... I'm sure you are handling everything much better than I ever would! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! HOPE YOU ALL GET BETTER SOON!

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

Casey we all deserve a pity party every once in a while:) Sorry you've all been sick. I think it's always the hardest seeing the little ones so sick:( poor thing. Hopefully your babies ears aren't as bad as Scott's were when he was little. He had tubes 3 times and then finally had surgery. Best of luck. I wish you the best:)

Sarah said...

Heaven's help me, I am frequently in need of a good shower, so I can't judge you there.

Also, people don't understand how hard having kids is.

Also, people don't understand how hard bedrest is.

Except me.

So I send you some positive thoughts, as one stinky, overworked mom to another. Just tell yourself that you are keeping little humans alive- whenever I think that, I feel better about what I haven't accomplished.

Hans and Chelsey said...

Keep up the positive outlook Casey! Don't forget I am willingly to watch the kiddos for ya if you want a break.
Btw Hans said this is the first time he hasn't been with John when he has dislocated it. Crazy huh?

Misi said...

Don't worry, it's not just your "real world", things like these happen to EVERYONE, and if they say it doesn't, their LYING. Love you tons and tons and tons.

Stephanie said...

Giant hugs, snuggles, and hopes for speedy recoveries for all. We love you.