Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things are getting interesting...

Well, it looks like we're getting a lot closer to this little man being born than we thought. Friday at my Non-Stress test, my blood pressure was really high and going all over the place so I ended up going to Labor and Delivery to be monitored and just check things out. By the time I got there, things had calmed down a bit and my pressures were starting to look good. I was having some little contractions, but nothing to be concerned about, so that was good. Sunday night, I was having some pretty good contractions but I was able to get them under control. Yesterday was my weekly check-up and after talking to my doctor, we decided that we were gonna try to make it to 37 weeks ( I'm 33 weeks now) and she would be willing to take Porter then because my body is obviously very done being pregnant. Plus we don't want my body to become to immune to the medicine that I've been having to take to help control the pain I'm in so that when I do have him, we won't have to resort to something way strong to control the pain after surgery. then she checked my cervix and I was dilated to a 1+ but still pretty high. So that kind of changed things a bit. Since I am dilating and having contractions, even though they aren't too regular yet, my doctor had me get a steroid shot that wil help Porter's lungs develop in case I do go into labor early. She's not going to stop labor if it does happen in the next couple of weeks, so that means that sometime in the next 4 weeks we will have our little man in our arms. It's really exciting but scary at the same time. Exciting cause he will FINALLY be here, scary because the earlier he comes the bigger the chance is that he'll have to be in the NICU or stay longer in the hospital. But we're keeping our hopes up and just wanting the best for Porter and my health. I'm sorry these updates are so long, I'm using this blog as sort of a journal for this whole thing. So sorry if you're bored out of your mind, that is if anyone is actually reading. Haha. So until my next appointment or something happens, this is me signing off!

3 comments:

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Good luck Casey! You and Porter are in our prayers!

Candice J said...

We will keep you and your family in our prayers! Please let me know if you need anything. Love ya!

Lisa said...

I'm reading Casey! I hope everything goes well and that you and Porter are ok! :) We are excited for you and John to have Porter join your family! What a blessing.